6-year degree course in Medicine and Biomedical Engineering, entirely taught in English, run by Humanitas University in partnership with Politecnico di Milano.
What is MEDTEC School?
Precision medicine, big data, A.I., nanotechnologies, surgical robots, 3D printing and bio-prosthesis: this degree programme will enable a doctor to treat patients through the management of technological developments in medicine and related sectors, including disease prevention and treatment, patient rehabilitation and the development of innovative diagnostic and therapeutic solutions.
The degree programme aims to train professionals who will be able to apply medical and technological know-how as a means of providing innovative and quality medicine. In a global context of increasing complexity, technological innovation makes it possible to improve the quality of life in a sustainable way, innovating care and humanising the doctor-patient relationship.
The six-year year degree programme in Medicine and Surgery, taught in English, is organised by Humanitas University in partnership with Politecnico di Milano. The programme strongly focusses on enhancing the medical skills of a doctor through the integration and acquisition of the basic competences and approaches relevant to Biomedical Engineering.
The integrated six-year training programme will allow you to obtain additional ECTS and be awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Politecnico di Milano, in addition to an MD in Medicine.
The degree programme will provide
1. a bio-medical engineering approach to basic science disciplines (e.g. chemistry, physics, statistics, computer science).
2. the acquisition of competences to deal with precision medicine and regenerative medicine.
3. competences to address complex issues concerning the applications of technology and information analytics to medicine through the integration of pre-clinical and clinical education with basic engineering subjects (such as mathematical analysis, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanics, etc.).
4. a multi-disciplinary approach by introducing basic biomedical engineering methodologies and technologies into medical training to foster integration between the two disciplines.
5. an innovative approach to doctor-patient interaction that maximises the potential of technologies and intelligent systems for the optimisation of machine-patient interaction and for the customisation of therapies and continuity of care.
On successfully completing the degree programme you will:
- have gained in-depth knowledge of advanced medical technologies and be able to design personalised therapies through the use of complex technological systems for clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- be able to optimise therapeutic outcomes based on the potential of data analytics and machine learning techniques, the use of new materials and advanced therapeutic devices such as surgical robots, endo-prostheses, bio-printers and 3D printing.
- have opportunities to work in numerous medical fields, e.g. biomedical device design, bio-medical technologies or in pharmaceutical industries.
60 places available for European students
Applications are closed
Exam & Graduation periods
3 exams period are defined for each academic year
Fees & Scholarships
President: Professor Maria Laura Costantino
Vice President: Professor Maurizio Cecconi
|Are you looking for additional information on the degree programme?|
|If you are a student, you can book an appointment with the Student Office via the app MyHunimed. Otherwise, you can call us on +39 02 8224 3777, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Book an appointment|