Degree course in Medicine and Surgery
- 140 places available for European students
- 50 places available for Non-European students
The MD course in Medicine and Surgery at Humanitas University lasts 6 years and is taught in English. Students can meet up with fellow undergraduates from over 20 countries worldwide.
From the very first year, theoretical and practical skills can be acquired thanks to the multidisciplinary modules combined with practical training and simulation activities, carried out under the guidance of professors and researchers with international experience – including 3 Noble Prize winners – and 150 doctors, who also work as tutors and members of the teaching community. An International Advisory Board supports the University in its educational and training goals.
From the third year, students will start their clinical training at Humanitas Research Hospitals under the supervision of specialised tutors, who follow undergraduates through their clinical practice. Students can also join the Virgilio Program, an interdisciplinary program dedicated to biomedical research, featuring interactive teaching activities and laboratory experience – one month a year – to enable active participation in scientific research.
Future doctors can also benefit from a study period abroad, by means of Travel Grants and the Erasmus programme.
Conferences and seminars with Italian and internationally renowned doctors and researchers are organised to promote cultural awareness and support professional academic growth.
140 places available for European students
1st test: 16-17 February 2023
2nd test: 9-10 March 2023
3 exam sessions and 3 graduation sessions are defined for each academic year
Fees and scholarships
NEW – Double your chances to get into medical school
Starting from the academic year 2023/2024, Humanitas University offers two opportunities per year to take the admission test for the degree course in Medicine and Surgery.
It is possible to register to one competition only, i.e. only last OR second-to-last year, depending on your geographical area and school year.
Both test sessions for the 2023/2024 intake will be held online on the following dates:
- 1st test: 16-17 February 2023
- 2nd test: 9-10 March 2023
Students may decide to take the test in one or both sessions available.
The final ranking will only consider the higher of the two scores obtained*.
*for those who will have taken the admission test in both sessions.
Information for second-to-last year high school students
- The scores of the two tests taken during the second-to-last year of high school will be valid for the entry ranking of your high school graduation year.
- If you are enrolled in the second-to-last year of high school, you will be able to take two more tests during the final year. The results will be valid for the admission ranking for the year you obtain your school leaving certificate.
- No partial rankings will be published, but only the final one, which will be issued once the four admission tests have been completed (with respect to the year of your high school graduation). At the end of each test, however, all the scores will be published anonymously.
- The final ranking will consider only the best of the four scores obtained.
President: Professor Isabella Cinzia Barajon
|Are you looking for additional information on the degree programme?|
|If you are a student, you can book an appointment with the Student Office via the app MyHunimed. Otherwise, you can call us on +39 02 8224 3777, send an email to email@example.com or Book an appointment|