Cigarette smoking is the first risk factor for lung cancer and one of the leading causes of...
Researcher Time Determined
I got my PhD in immunology in 2007 (French Institute of Health and Medical Research (INSERM Unit-564, University of Angers, France). From January 2016 are “Assistant Professor” at Humanitas University, Milan, Italy. My activities research focuses on the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in innate immunity and inflammation and its role in physiology and pathology (e.g. infections, cancer). my experience and leadership in the neutrophil biology, immunology, dell ‘ immunopathology and cancer can be marked by articles and reviews published in newspapers of the first band (e.g. Cell, Immunity, J Exp Med, Nat Rev Immunol, Blood).
Scientific and Research Interests
His scientific expertise reside primarily in morphological area :
- optical microscopy,
- electron microscopy,
- histological preparations,
- immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence,
- tracers of the nervous system.
Added to these are skills related to the management of laboratory animals, surgical preparation of animals for experimental studies on the nervous system, the electrophysiological techniques and primary and secondary cell cultures.
Main research areas today:
- Studies on the innate immune system with particular reference to the TLR receptors and ILR and pentraxine
- Studies on the development of the nervous system in conditions of activation of the maternal immune system
Most relevant publications
- Occurrence and significance of tumor-associated neutrophils in patients with colorectal cancer. Galdiero MR, Smith P, Grizzi F, Di Caro G, Low G, Ponzetta A, E Bonavita, Barbagallo M, S Tartars, Polentarutti N, Malesci A, Marone G, Roncalli M, L Lakes, Garlanda C, Mantovani A, Jaillon S . Int J Cancer . 2016 March 3. doi: 10.1002 / ijc.30076. IF = 5
- PTX3 is an extrinsic oncosuppressor regulating complement-dependent inflammation in cancer . Bonavita And, Dear S, M Rubino, Maina V, R Papait, Kunderfranco P, Greek C, F Feruglio, Molgora M, Laface I, Tartars S, Doni A, F Pasqualini, Barbati E, Low G, Galdiero MR, M Nebuloni Roncalli M, Colombo, P., Lakes, L., Lambris JD, Jaillon S , Garlanda C, Mantovani A. 2015 Feb; 160 (4): 700-14. IF = 32.2
- The humoral pattern recognition molecule PTX3 is a key component of innate immunity against urinary tract infection. Jaillon S , F Moalli, Ragnarsdóttir B, Bonavita E, F Riva, Barbati And, Nebuloni M, Krajinovic LC , Markotic A, S Valentino, Doni A, Tartars S, G Graziani, Montanelli A, Delneste Y, Svanborg C, C Garlanda , Mantovani A. 2014 April; 40 (4): 621-32. IF = 21.5
- Neutrophils in innate and adaptive immunity. Jaillon S , Galdiero MR, Del Prete D, Cassatella MA, Garlanda C, Mantovani A. Semin Immunopathol. 2013 Jul; 35 (4): 377-94. IF = 7.74
- Neutrophils in the activation and regulation of innate and adaptive immunity. Mantovani A, Cassatella MA, Costantini C, Jaillon S . Nat Rev Immunol . 2011 Jul 25; 11 (8): 519-31. IF = 34.9
- CCR7 is Involved in the migration of neutrophils to lymph nodes. Beauvillain C, P Cunin, Doni A, Scotet M, Jaillon S , ML Loiry, Magistrelli G, K Masternak, Chevailler A, Delneste Y, Jeannin P. Blood . 2011 Jan 27; 117 (4): 1196-204. IF = 10.4
- The humoral pattern recognition receptor PTX3 is stored in neutrophil granules and localizes in extracellular traps. Jaillon S , G Peri, Delneste Y, Frémaux I, Doni A, Moalli F, Garlanda C, L Romans, Gascan H, Bellocchio S, S Draft, Cassatella MA, P Jeannin, Mantovani A. J Exp Med. 2007 April 16; 204 (4): 793-804. IF = 12.5
Grant “Gerry Scotti”, Humanitas Research Foundation
Postdoctoral Investigator Award from the International Cytokine Society (Geneva, Switzerland. 11th-14th September 2012)
Immunity Posters Prize (Training the innate immunity: immunological memory in innate host defense. Nijmegen, The Netherlands, June 28 & 29, 2012).
Bag FIRC (Italian Foundation for Cancer Research)
Bag Leem Recherche.
Bag Conseil General du Maine et Loire