Why Study Medicine?
The Scientific Side of the Medicine
- Understanding the Human Body. Being fascinated by the human body and understanding how it functions is one of the most inspiring reasons for students to study Medicine.
- Continuous Learning. The end of medical studies does not mean the end of learning. In comparison to other fields, medicine is a dynamic and developing field with constant professional development that aincludes attending relevant seminars, congresses and acquiring necessary credits.
The Social side of the Medicine
- Association with other people & Team work. Willingness and ability to work with patients and their families is one of the primary reason to study medicine. The doctor–patient relationship is a central pillar to the practice of healthcare and also assures high-quality care, diagnosis and treatments.
- At Humanitas University, at the beginning of the studies students are divided into smaller groups (with 1 tutor per 2 students) and will be given a chance to also work on their social skills that will be relevant later on in medical practice. Student will also be taught how to maintain a professional relationship with patients.
- Numerous opportunities upon graduation. After graduation there is a broad range of opportunities for future career. Medical graduates can choose between working in hospitals, science institutes, public health care or in healthcare management and administration.
- At Humanitas University you can explore and learn about your prospective choices. Humanitas University is part of Humanitas Group. A group that consists of a number of hospitals around Italy, a research center and a University. You can benefit by having direct contact with people who work in each of these areas and understand which one is most appealing for you.
Sometimes all it takes is just one reason to make the right choice.