The Virgilio Program: Excellence in research track for the training of physician scientists in Italy
The Virgilio Program is a complementary course to train talented students with attitude to the research with methodological skills enabling them to the active participation in the development of knowledge in the field of translational medicine.
To train medical students to conduct biomedical research with the aim of transferring:
- Knowledge of research methodology
- Critical appraisal of research
- Understanding the contribution of research to clinical evidence
- disciplinary and interdisciplinary courses on research methodology
- seminars (held by members of the Department and by national and international guests)
- training periods (4 weeks a year in the lab)
The Virgilio Project is coordinated by the University of Milan Bicocca, with Humanitas University and the University of Milan and as partners and is founded by CARIPLO foundation.