Rita De Sanctis
Assistant ProfessorMedical Oncology
Dr. De Sanctis graduated with the highest honors in Medicine and Surgery at Sapienza University of Rome, where she also earned the Board Certification in Medical Oncology with the thesis “Phase I study of lapatinib in combination with sorafenib in patients with advanced refractory solid tumors”. Since 2012, she has been working as Assistant in Medical Oncology at Humanitas Cancer Center, where she directly manages soft tissue sarcoma and breast cancer patients. She has been actively involved in many national and international clinical trials, including phase I to III studies.
On March 2018, she completed a PhD program in Morphogenesis & Tissue Engineering (scientific field Cell and Tissue Biophysics), at Sapienza University of Rome, with the thesis “Quantitative classifiers in medical oncology”.
She also had the chance to attend the ESMO Translational Research Unit Visit at the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) in the Netherlands, under the supervision of Prof. E.G.E. De Vries, and to spend time in other European countries to improve her practice as oncologist (e.g. the Palliative Care Training Program at the Instituto de Tratamiento Integral del Cancer (ITIC) in Spain, an ESMO Designated Centre of Integrated Oncology and Palliative Care).
- Lecturer in Medical Oncology, Medicine School, Humanitas University.
- Adjunct Clinical Professor, Humanitas University Open Faculty, since 2017
- Advanced Training Course in Clinical Epidemiology Supervisor (2017)
- Lecturer in Human Physiology, Medicine School, Sapienza – University of Rome (2015-2018)
Other institutional appointments:
- Medical Oncologist, Breast Unit, Humanitas Cancer Center, Medical Oncology and Hematology Unit;
- Member of the Technical Scientific Committee of the Oncological Biobank at Humanitas Cancer Center