Humanitas UKCAT test will take place on 18 – 26 April 2017 worldwide. Candidates who already sat the UKCAT...
The reference points for the administrative issues are:
- HUMANITAS UNIVERSITY MyPORTAL, the online portal through which the students can enroll and consult their University career.
- The Student Office (Segreteria Studenti): the main office is located at the entrance of the university area, on the first floor, Building 8. Opening hours: Mon, Wed, Fri 9.00-12.30 a.m. ; Tue, Thu 2.00-5.00 p.m.
Assistance in the determination of the income category
Free assistance in the determination of the income category is offered during the enrollment process. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Humanitas University is building a new Student House which will be located inside the new Campus and will be ready for the academic year 2017-18.
For 2016-17 the University has reserved for its students some accommodations inside Milan. These accommodations are currently sold out.
Alternatively, Humanitas suggests the following accommodation providers.
The organizations listed below are independent from the University.
In Milan and surroundings
Spotahome is a safe platform to book mid to long term accommodations in more than 9 countries over Europe.
Hunimed students can benefit from a 30% discount on the first month of rent; the promo code can be requested to email@example.com.
All the listings on the website are personally verified by a team member who makes professional photos, HD videos and floor plans.
Furthermore, Spotahome offers a multilingual customer service in English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Arab and Russian that really helps customers during the whole booking process; this service is offered by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (+34 518888665), live chat on www.spotahome.com and WhatsApp (+39 3421944238).
In the center of Milan
Humanitas has selected two residence solutions and a real estate management company specialized in managing residential properties to be used for medium-long term rentals.
- Camplus is a network of university residences and it has four solutions in different areas in Milan. Together with housing, Camplus organizes different educational and cultural activities for the students.
In order to apply please visit their web page: http://www.camplus.it/en/admissions-4
You can contact Camplus at: tel. 800 302 008 (toll-free number), e-mail: email@example.com
- Hotel Residence Zumbini 6 is located in the Southern part of Milan, near the underground station, Romolo green line 2. Students will find a multi-lingual staff at the reception who can support them in the organization of their stay.
For room availability and services visit their website: http://www.hotelresidencezumbini6.com/location.htm or contact the residence at: tel +39.02.36556604; tel +39.02.36556600, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- PLACE4YOU offers a wide range of single rooms, furnished and equipped with every comfort, in apartments ready-to-use in different areas of Milan, near the underground.
Request username and password to the Student Office or write to firstname.lastname@example.org and access the PLACE4YOU website section reserved to HUNIMED Students, at www.place4you.it/en/convenzioni.
Upon signing the contract, PLACE4YOU will provide you with a discount equal to the amount of ATM public transportation season ticket for six months.
To contact PLACE4YOU: +39.02.3653.3546 or email@example.com
- Ripamonti Residence & Hotel ****, located in the Southern part of Milan, offers various apartments of different sizes; the standard is the two-room apartment, 48 square meters, with entrance hall, bedroom, large living room with kitchenette, bathroom and large terrace. The structure can be reached from Humanitas in 10 minutes by car (free auto parking in front of Ripamonti Residence & Hotel), public bus (221 line), or free shuttle service of Ripamonti Residence according to this timetable.
Humanitas University has signed an agreement with a primary bank to guarantee loans at discounted rates to its students.
The new Campus
The new Humanitas University Campus, located in a green area just beside the hospital, will be ready for 2017/18.
An investment of more than 20 million for a total area of over 20.000 square meters. The new campus will include:
- A last generation Simulation Center of about 1.000 mq, with 4 operating rooms, 3 multimedia rooms, 2 ambulatories, 1 emergency room, 4 rooms for clinical and surgical skills, 1 microscope room, 1 wet lab
- Student accomodation
- Classrooms for lectures and small groups
- Spaces for individual and group study
- Sport facilities
- Common spaces
- Cafeteria and canteen
OPAC, the Library Catalogue
All our bibliographic resources are available on OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The Catalogue is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the computer network of Humanitas University (LAN). Student credentials are required.
Humanitas has subscribed to UpToDate, the largest Evidence-Based Medicine database including more than 10,500 topics and over 23 specialties; a drug database (in partnership with Lexicomp®); more than 1,500 patient education topics; over 30,000 graphics and links to more than 425,000 references.
Thanks to the UpToDate Anywhere subscription all Humanitas personnel can benefit from:
- Free Mobile App for your iOS® or Android™ smart device
- Easy access to UpToDate remotely from any computer anywhere with internet access
- Free continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD) when you research a clinical question
- Bi-weekly clinical update with selected What’s New and Practice Changing UpDates
How to get registered
Simply log in to UpToDate from our network in one of the following ways:
- from the Humanitas Network;
- navigate to www.UpToDate.com from any computer or device connected to the Humanitas Network;
- then click the Log in/Register link in the upper right hand corner and fill in the form on the right (New User). Then you will always use the ‘Returning user’ window to login. This is very important in order to: maintain the remote access and the mobile app, accrue CME credits.
Your account is linked to your affiliation with Humanitas. To keep your account active, simply login through our institution’s network at least once every 90 days to maintain benefits.
Download also the Reference Guide for Institutional Subscribers.
Transport and connections
Special agreements for Hunimed students
How to reach Humanitas University
Humanitas University is located on the outskirts of Milan and it is easy to reach from the city centre either by car or by public transport.
From Malpensa Airport
Take the A8 highway, following the signs for Milan. Get on the Tangenziale Ovest (western ring road), exit at Quinto de’ Stampi/Via dei Missaglia (7 bis). Follow the route described in the highway section.
From Linate Airport
Take the Tangenziale Est (eastern ring road), following signs for Genoa, take the Tangenziale Ovest (western ring road) and exit at Quinto de’ Stampi/Via dei Missaglia (7 bis). Follow the route described in the highway section.
From Central station
Take the internal city ring road (dei Bastioni) to Porta Ticinese, then follow the route described for the city center.
From the city center
Go straight on from Porta Ticinese, to Corso San Gottardo, to via Meda, via Montegani, and via dei Missaglia, then follow the signs for Istituto Clinico Humanitas, or Basiglio Milano 3.
From the highway
From all highway exits, follow the signs for Tangenziale Ovest (western ring road) and, once on it, exit at Quinto de’ Stampi/Via dei Missaglia (7 bis). Follow the signs for Istituto Clinico Humanitas.
By public transport
The shuttle Humanitas-Comune di Rozzano connects the metropolitan station Abbiategrasso (Piazzale Abbiategrasso) on the green line 2 to Humanitas. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes. Line 230 connects the bus-stop in Abbiategrasso to Humanitas (Terminal Basiglio). Linea 221 connects Humanitas to Pieve Emanuele, Opera, Locate (from Rozzano, via della solidarietà).
Milan is known worldwide as a city of style, culture and entertainment.
To fully experience the city, we suggest consulting the City Guide.
Sport centres and facilities
Thanks to the agreement with CUS Milano, Hunimed students benefit from discounted rates on a series of sport facilities located in Milan, Rozzano and Segrate. Also, they can take part to different sport programmes and join collegiate sports or competitions on a local or national basis.
In order to participate, it is necessary to get the CUS card. This can be done online on this page.
The complete list of associate sport centres and facilities is available on www.cusmilano.it. The closest centres to Humanitas:
- Mediolanum Forum, via G. di Vittorio 6 – 20090 Assago (MI); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; information on gym, swimming pool, skating and bowling on this page;
- Canottieri San Cristoforo, Alzaia Naviglio Grande 122 – 20144 – Milano; canottierisancristoforo.it ; e-mail: email@example.com
- Palacus Idroscalo – via Circonvallazione Est, 11 – Segrate; Segreteria Cus Milano 02 70 211 41; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Club Equitazione Luna Rossa – Via Montepollino, Valleambrosia di Rozzano (MI); equitazionelunarossa.com; Facebook: Club Luna Rossa – Scuola di Equitazione
The English Lab, currently with two mother-tongue English teachers specialized in Medical English and in Academic English, is actively providing students, staff, faculty and healthcare professionals with language support five days a week throughout the academic year, including
- courses in English for Medical and Academic Purposes (EMAP) for students and
- workshops and courses in English-Medium Instruction (EMI) for faculty.
As all the Medical School teaching activities are conducted in English, most of our medical students are already proficient in English (level C1).
The 10-hour elective EMAP courses offered to the medical students over the entire course of the year, therefore, aim to develop their academic and professional skills:
- writing (e.g. information summarization, case studies, research study abstracts, literature reviews, thesis)
- speaking (e.g. oral exam prep, presentation of clinical cases, discussion of clinical cases) and
- presentation (e.g. thesis, research studies, oral presentations at a medical conference).
Secondarily, all the EMAP courses aims to improve the students’ grammar, lexis, and academic/professional style, so that by the time they graduate they will be able to interact appropriately and professionally with the international medical and scientific community.
Ongoing English language courses and workshops are also available to the teaching and administrative staff of Humanitas University. Further information here.
The Counseling Service offers free and confidential support for any difficulty you might be experiencing during your university path. It is an opportunity to talk about them in a confidential setting with a professionally qualified person.
Appointments with our counselor can be booked in person or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). The counseling service is available every Monday from 1 p.m to 2.30 p.m. in Room 12, Building 8, first floor.
Read more about counseling in this article.