Assistant ProfessorOrthopaedics and Traumatology
Dr. Tommaso Bonanzinga was born in Grosseto on 5 November 1984 and graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Bologna in 2009 with a score of 110/110 cum laude. He obtained the specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology in 2015 at the University of Bologna, with a score of 110/110 cum laude. He has been qualified as a Doctor-Surgeon since 2009, with a score of 270/270.
The various research activities carried out in Italy and abroad include:
• since 2012 he collaborates in the Finalized Research Project “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: biomechanical modeling for treatment selection to prevent Osteoarthritis”
• since 2014 he has been carrying out the Young Researchers Project “Multi-Scale Modeling for Predictive Characterization of Ligaments and Grafts Behavior in ACL Reconstruction” as head of research activities for the clinical part
• Since November 2011 he has been collaborating in the project “Prospective randomized double-blind multicenter clinical trial for the evaluation of the safety and efficacy of the Z-Lig ™ medical device compared to an allergen graft for the reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligaments” He has participated as moderator or speaker at numerous national and international congresses and theoretical-practical courses.
He has participated as moderator or speaker at numerous national and international congresses and theoretical-practical courses. He is a member of the following scientific societies:
• S.I.O.T. (Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology)
• S.I.G.A.S.C.O.T. (Italian Society of Knee Arthroscopy Sport Cartilage and Orthopedic Technologies)
• AISOT: (Italian Association of Specialists in Orthopedics and Traumatology)
• FORTE (Federation of Orthopedic Trainees in Europe)
He is a member of the Editorial Board of the international EFORT open reviews magazine.
He is reviewer for the following international journals, reviewed by the Index Medicus and the ISI:
• KSSTA (Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy)
• BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders• European Orthopedics and Traumatology (EOTR)
• EFORT open reviews