The study has been recently published on Nature Communications and is co-authored by Prof. Raffaella Bonecchi. According to...
- 1991: Medical Doctor with honors, University of Rome, La Sapienza
- 1991-1996: Residency in Internal Medicine (University of Rome, La Sapienza)
- 1998-2000: Post-doctoral fellow, University of California San Diego (Prof. Michael Karin)
- 2000-2005: Principal Investigator, IRB, Bellinzona, Switzerland
- 2005-: Principal Investigator, IEO, Milan, Italy
- 2013-: EMBO member
- 2011+2016: Advanced ERC grants
- 2016-: Full Professor of Biochemistry, Humanitas University
Scientific and Research Interests
- Genomics and Next Generation Sequencing Technologies
- Transcriptional and epigenetic control of inflammation
- Transcriptional control of pancreatic tumorigenesis
Students interested in Genomic Technologies and Genomic Medicine are invited to contact me for possible internships and thesis projects.
- Transcription of mammalian cis-regulatory elements is restrained by actively enforced early termination (L. M.I. Austenaa, I. Barozzi, M. Simonatto, S. Masella, G. Della Chiara, S. Ghisletti, A. Curina, E. de Wit, B.A.M. Bouwman, S. de Pretis, V. Piccolo, A. Termanini, E. Prosperini, M. Pelizzola, W. de Laat, and G. Natoli). Molecular Cell 60, 460-474 (2015).
- Chromatin contribution to the regulation of immunity (S. Smale, A. Tharakovsky, G. Natoli) Annual Review of Immunology 32: 489-511 (2014).
- Latent enhancers activated by stimulation in differentiated cells (Ostuni R, Piccolo V, Barozzi I, Polletti S, Termanini A, Bonifacio S, Curina A, Prosperini E, Ghisletti S, Natoli G.) Cell. 152: 157-71 (2013).
- Identification and characterization of enhancers controlling the inflammatory gene expression program in macrophages (S. Ghisletti, I. Barozzi, F. Mietton, S. Polletti, F. De Santa, E. Venturini, L. Gregory, L. Lonie, A. Chew, C.L. Wei, J. Ragoussis, G. Natoli) Immunity, 32:317-28. Epub 2010 Mar 4 (2010).
- The histone H3 lysine 27 demethylase Jmjd3 links inflammation to inhibition of polycomb-mediated gene silencing (F. De Santa, M.G. Totaro, E. Prosperini, S. Notarbartolo, G. Testa and G. Natoli). Cell 130, 1083-1094 (2007).