The study has been recently published on Nature Communications and is co-authored by Prof. Raffaella Bonecchi. According to...
Director of the Cancer Center
Education and Academic Background
Prof. Armando Santoro holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Messina in which he obtained in1974. Additionally, in 1976, he obtained a Certificat de Cancerologie Clinique et Experimentale at the University of Paris. Following that, in 1977 he specialized in Hematology Clinic and Laboratory at the University of Rome; in 1980 he obtained a diploma of specialization in Oncology at the University of Genoa. From 1997 to 1998 he was Adjunct Professor at the School of Specialization in Hematology at the University of Milan.
Since 2004 he has been a Professor at the School of Specialization in Oncology at the University of Milan.
Scientific and Research Interests
Prof. Santoro’s clinical areas of interest are oncology and hematology. His research areas include:
- Solid tumors
- Hematological tumors
- Cancer Survivors
- Development of new drugs
- Organic therapies
- Patients with comorbidity
- G. L. Ceresoli, P.A. Zucali, A. G. Favaretto, F. Grossi, P. Bidoli, G. Del Conte, A. Ceribelli, A. Bearz, E. Morenghi, R. Cavina, M. Marangolo, H.J. Soto Parra, A. Santoro
Phase II study of pemetrexed plus carboplatin in malignant pleural mesothelioma
Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol. 24 number 9, 1443-8 March 20, 2006
- G. Banna, A. Santoro
Trastuzuman in Breast Cancer
The New England Journal of Medicine – February 9, 2006
- GK Abou-Alfa, L. Schwartz, S. Ricci, D. Amadori, A. Santoro, A. Figer, J. De Greve, JY Douillard, C. Lathia, B. Schwartz, I. Taylor, M. Moscovici, LB. Saltz
Phase II Study of Sorafenib in Patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
Journal of Clinical Oncology, Sep. 10;24 (26):4293-300, 2006
- G.L. Ceresoli, A. Chiti, A. Santoro
11C-Labeled Methionine and Evaluation of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
N Engl J Med, 357;19 November 8, 2007
- J. Jassem, R. Ramlau, A. Santoro, W. Schuette, A. Chemaissani, S. Hong, J. Blatter, S. Adachi, A. Hanauske, C. Manegold
Phase III trial of pemetrexed plus best supportive care previously treated patients with advanced malignant pleural mesothelioma:
Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2008 Apr 1; 26(10):1698-704.