Access to the International Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery in English at Humanitas University for the...
Dermatology and Venereal Diseases
Assistant in the Dermatology Department, Humanitas Research Hospital
Education and Academic Background
Riccardo Borroni graduated summa cum laude in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Pavia in 2002; he was visiting fellow in 2004 at the Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology in New York, USA and in 2006 at the Dermatopathology Research Unit of the Medical University of Graz, Austria. Dr. Borroni completed his residency in Dermatology and Venereology at the Sapienza University of Rome in 2006.
From 2008 to 2009 he worked at the Pharmacogenomics laboratory of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
In 2010 he obtained a PhD in Molecular and Regenerative Medicine from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia; he was then awarded a post-doctoral fellowship at the Fondazione I.R.C.C.S. Policlinico “San Matteo” of Pavia, Italy, where he worked until May 2017.
Scientific and Research Interests
His current research interests include the clinical development of a novel imaging device for non-invasive diagnosis and follow-up of neoplastic and inflammatory skin diseases and the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in chronic inflammatory diseases of the skin.
He has authored or co-authored more than 50 publications in internationally peer-reviewed journals, contributed to several monographs and book chapters and given invited lectures at national and international conferences. He serves as ad-hoc referee for international scientific journals in the field of dermatology.
- Borroni RG, Manganoni AM, Grassi S, Grasso M, Diegoli M, Giorgianni C, Favalli V, Pavoni L, Cespa M, Arbustini E. – Genetic counselling and high-penetrance susceptibility gene analysis reveal the novel CDKN2A p.D84V (c.251A>T) mutation in melanoma-prone families from Italy. Melanoma Res. 2017;27(2):97-103.
- Favalli V, Disabella E, Molinaro M, Tagliani M, Scarabotto A, Serio A, Grasso M, Narula N, Giorgianni C, Caspani C, Concardi M, Agozzino M, Giordano C, Smirnova A, Kodama T, Giuliani L, Antoniazzi E, Borroni RG, Vassallo C, Mangione F, Scelsi L, Ghio S, Pellegrini C, Zedde M, Fancellu L, Sechi G, Ganau A, Piga S, Colucci A, Concolino D, Di Mascio MT, Toni D, Diomedi M, Rapezzi C, Biagini E, Marini M, Rasura M, Melis M, Nucera A, Guidetti D, Mancuso M, Scoditti U, Cassini P, Narula J, Tavazzi L, Arbustini E. – Genetic Screening of Anderson-Fabry Disease in Probands Referred From Multispecialty Clinics. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68(10):1037-50.
- Borroni RG. – Role of dermatology in pharmacogenomics: drug-induced skin injury. Pharmacogenomics. 2015;16(4):401-12.
- Lotti R, Marconi A, Truzzi F, Dallaglio K, Gemelli C, Borroni RG, Palazzo E, Pincelli C. – A previously unreported function of β(1)B integrin isoform in caspase-8-dependent integrin-mediated keratinocyte death. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130(11):2569-77.
- Pincelli C, Pignatti M, Borroni RG. – Pharmacogenomics in dermatology: from susceptibility genes to personalized therapy. Exp Dermatol. 2009;18(4):337-49.
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- Best oral presentation, 41st Annual Meeting of the Society for Cutaneous Ultrastructure Research (SCUR), Monte Porzio Catone (Rome), Italy, 5-7 june 2014
- Fellowship Award 2008 from the Società Italiana di Dermatologia medica, chirurgica, estetica e delle Malattie Sessualmente Trasmesse (Italian Society of Dermatology)
- Fellowship Award 2007 from the Società Italiana di Dermatologia medica, chirurgica, estetica e delle Malattie Sessualmente Trasmesse (Italian Society of Dermatology)