Access to the International Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery in English at Humanitas University for the...
Assistant at the Department of Urology, Humanitas Research Hospital, Milan
Academic background and Education
- University of Laparoscopic Surgery at the University of Strasbourg in France (IRCAD / EITS).
- Fellow dedicated to laparoscopic surgery at the Erasme Hospital of the University of Brussels, led by Prof. Claude Shulmann.
- Fellow dedicated to Robotic Surgery at OLV Hospital in Aalst, Belgium directed by Dr. Alex Mottrie.
- Urologist staff member at the Department of Urology at San Raffaele Hospital Milano.
- President of the European Society of Robotic Urologic Surgery (Junior ERUS / YAU).
- Teaching activities with the role of “teacher” for the two second level Master’s degree in robotic surgery.
- First intervention in the world of Robotic Renal Pyeloplasty with Single Platform platform.
- Urology of the Swedish Hospital led by Dr. Jim Porter to learn robotic retroperitoneoscopic access.
- Staff member at the Department of Urology of Humanitas Hospital, Rozzano.
Scientific and Research Interests
Dr. Buffi’s major areas of research include the most common urological issues such as prostate, bladder and kidney tumors. The urethral pathology with particular interest in the pieloureteral joint stenosis. In particular, he has developed specific interest in all types of minimally-invasive surgery, both laparoscopic and robotic.
Pubblicazioni più rilevanti
- Buffi NM, Lughezzani G, Hurle R, Lazzeri M, Taverna G, Bozzini G, Bertolo R, Checcucci E, Porpiglia F, Fossati N, Gandaglia G, Larcher A, Suardi N, Montorsi F, Lista G, Guazzoni G, Mottrie A. – Robot-assisted Surgery for Benign Ureteral Strictures: Experience and Outcomes from Four Tertiary Care Institutions. Eur Urol. 2017 Jun;71(6):945-951. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2016.07.022. Epub 2016 Jul26. PubMed PMID: 27473298.
- Fossati N, Buffi NM, Haese A, Stephan C, Larcher A, McNicholas T, de la Taille A, Freschi M, Lughezzani G, Abrate A, Bini V, Palou Redorta J, Graefen M, Guazzoni G, Lazzeri M. – Preoperative Prostate-specific Antigen Isoform p2PSA and Its Derivatives, %p2PSA and Prostate Health Index, Predict Pathologic Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Radical Prostatectomy for Prostate Cancer: Results from a Multicentric European Prospective Study. Eur Urol. 2015 Jul;68(1):132-8. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2014.07.034. Epub 2014 Aug 16. PubMed PMID: 25139197.
- Buffi N, Lughezzani G, Spinoglio G, Guazzoni G. – Is Robotic Surgery Unnecessary for Adrenalectomy? Weighting the Pros and Cons of the Robotic Approach. Eur Urol Focus. 2016 Feb;1(3):263-264. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2015.04.004. Epub 2015 Jul 3. PubMed PMID: 28723396.
- Buffi N, Van Der Poel H, Guazzoni G, Mottrie A; Junior European Association of Urology (EAU) – Robotic Urology Section with the collaboration of the EAU Young Academic Urologists Robotic Section. Methods and priorities of robotic surgery training program. Eur Urol. 2014 Jan;65(1):1-2. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2013.07.020. Epub 2013 Jul 19. PubMed PMID: 23916694.
- Ficarra V, Bhayani S, Porter J, Buffi N, Lee R, Cestari A, Novara G, Mottrie A. – Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal tumors larger than 4 cm: results of a multicenter, international series. World J Urol. 2012 Oct;30(5):665-70. doi: 10.1007/s00345-012-0943-9. Epub 2012 Sep 11. PubMed PMID: 22965742.