The quantity of data that is currently produced in everyday life and practically in every sector, is...
Full Professor n.t.
Education and Academic Background
- Born in Milan on 17/01/1952, he obtained his Master’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery cum laude in 1976. In 1981, he specialized in General Surgery, then Medical Oncology in 1984, and finally in thoraco-pulmonary surgery in 1987.
- In 1977, he was awarded an annual scholarship at the Department of Oncology of the National Cancer Institute of Milan, and since 1980 he has worked in the Diagnostic, Surgical, Cervical-Facial, and Thoracic Oncology Divisions of the National Institute of Tumors in Milan.
- Since 1993, he has been a full-time Assistant at the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the National Cancer Institute in Milan. Since 1997, he has been consultant in the Unit for Thoracic Surgery of the Humanitas Clinical Institute in Rozzano (MI).
- In 1998, he was appointed as the head of the Mini-Invasive Thoracic Surgery Unit within the Unit of Thoracic and General Surgery at the Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano (MI).
- In 2006, he became chief of Unit of Thoracic and General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Thoracic surgery and of the Section and Department of Senology (from 2010) of Humanitas Clinical Institute.
- Since 2011, he is the coordinator of specialist surgeons of the Humanitas Cancer Center.
- Since 2014 he has been president of Milan’s LILT section.
- Since 2016 he has been a member of the Technical-Scientific Committee of the Umberto Veronesi Foundation.
Scientific and Research Interests
Professor Alloisio is a member of the following Scientific Societies: Italian Society of Thoracic Surgery (SICT), European Society of Thoracic Surgery (ESTS), European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO), Italian Society of Surgery (SIC), Italian Society of Oncological Surgery (SICO), European School of Oncology ESO.
Professor Alloisio is the author and/or co-author of over 100 extensive scientific publications in international journals indexed on Pubmed (Impact Factor total = 331.1 and H-Index = 20).
The main area of clinical and scientific interest is pulmonary disease: lung cancer, mediastinal tumors, esophagus tumors, breast cancer, pleural mesothelioma, and neoplastic spinal column pathology. In the first years of activity, he gained experience in all fields of thoracic and general surgery. In recent years, he has been particularly dedicated to the advanced stage of pulmonary cancer and mediastinal tumors, but also in the use of mini-invasive, robotic, and video-thoracoscopic techniques for the initial stage of lung cancer.
He has participated in internationally significant screening campaigns for lung cancer (the DANTE project); currently, he is involved in the analysis of the role of inflammation in lung cancer and mesothelioma. A further area of study is the search for circulating tumor cells (CTCs) in lung cancer using ISET technology, which was recently imported into Humanitas.
- Veronesi G, Colombo P, Novellis P, Crepaldi A, Lutman RF, Dieci E, Profili M, Siracusano L, Alloisio M. – Pilot study on use of home telephoning to identify and recruit high-risk individuals for lung cancer screening. Lung Cancer. 2017 Mar;105:39-41. doi: 10.1016/j.lungcan.2017.01.001.
- Infante M, Morenghi E, Bottoni E, Zucali P, Rahal D, Morlacchi A, Ascolese AM, De Rose F, Navarria P, Crepaldi A, Testori A, Voulaz E, Errico V, Perrino M, Scorsetti M, Chiti A, Santoro A, Alloisio M. – Comorbidity, postoperative morbidity and survival in patients undergoing radical surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016 Dec;50(6):1077-1082. doi: 10.1093/ejcts/ezw215.
- Shi J, Hua X, Zhu B, Ravichandran S, Wang M, Nguyen C, Brodie SA, Palleschi A, Alloisio M, Pariscenti G, Jones K, Zhou W, Bouk AJ, Boland J, Hicks B, Risch A, Bennett H, Luke BT, Song L, Duan J, Liu P, Kohno T, Chen Q, Meerzaman D, Marconett C, Laird-Offringa I, Mills I, Caporaso NE, Gail MH, Pesatori AC, Consonni D, Bertazzi PA, Chanock SJ, Landi MT. – Somatic Genomics and Clinical Features of Lung Adenocarcinoma: A Retrospective Study. PLoS Med. 2016 Dec 6;13(12):e1002162. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1002162.
- Infante M, Cavuto S, Lutman FR, Passera E, Chiarenza M, Chiesa G, Brambilla G, Angeli E, Aranzulla G, Chiti A, Scorsetti M, Navarria P, Cavina R, Ciccarelli M, Roncalli M, Destro A, Bottoni E, Voulaz E, Errico V, Ferraroli G, Finocchiaro G, Toschi L, Santoro A, Alloisio M – DANTE Study Group. Long-Term Follow-up Results of the DANTE Trial, a Randomized Study of Lung Cancer Screening with Spiral Computed Tomography. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015 May 15;191(10):1166-75. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201408-1475OC.
- Luzzati AD, Shah S, Gagliano F, Perrucchini G, Scotto G, Alloisio M. – Multilevel en bloc spondylectomy for tumors of the thoracic and lumbar spine is challenging but rewarding. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015 Mar;473(3):858-67. doi: 10.1007/s11999-014-3578-x.