The quantity of data that is currently produced in everyday life and practically in every sector, is...
Associate Professor in Endocrinology MED/13
Professor of Endocrinology at the School of Medicine in Humanitas University of Milan
Head of Metabolic Bone Diseases and Osteoporosis Unit, Humanitas Research Hospital
Prof. Mazziotti received his medical degree from the University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli in Naples (the former Second University of Naples), where he also specialized in Endocrinology (2000) and later completed his post-doctoral research in General Pathology (2004).
From 2002 to 2003, prof Mazziotti attended as Clinical Research Fellow the Autoimmuunity Section of Department of Medicine at the University of Wales College of Medicine of Cardiff, Galles, UK. In 2012, prof Mazziotti completed the Master in Osteoporosis and Bone Diseases at the University of Brescia.
From September 2017 to January 2019, prof Mazziotti was head of the Endocrine Unit at the Carlo Poma Hospital ASST of Mantua.
On February 2019, prof Mazziotti was appointed Associate Professor of Endocrinology at Humanitas University in Milan and Head of Metabolic Bone Diseases and Osteoporosis Section of Humanitas Clinical and Research Hospital, IRCCS in Rozzano (MI).
Scientific and Research Interests
Over the last 15 years, prof Mazziotti has carried out studies mainly focused on the neuroendocrinology of bone providing significant contributions in characterization of osteoporosis associated with endocrine disorders, such as glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis, hyperthyroidism-induced osteoporosis and skeletal fragility induced by growth deficiency and excess.
Prof Mazziotti was also leader author of multicenter studies in the oncology field investigating the management of bone metastases from thyroid cancer and the efficacy and safety of non-conventional therapeutic schedules of somatostatin analogues in acromegaly.
- Mazziotti G, Lania A, Canalis E. Bone disorders associated with acromegaly: mechanisms and treatment. Eur J Endocrinol. 2019 May 1. pii: EJE-19-0184.R1. doi: 10.1530/EJE-19-0184.
- Mazziotti G, Frara S, Giustina A. Pituitary Diseases and Bone. Endocr Rev. 2018 Aug 1;39(4):440-488. doi: 10.1210/er.2018-00005.
- Mazziotti G, Formenti AM, Frara S, Olivetti R, Banfi G, Memo M, Maroldi R, Giubbini R, Giustina A. High Prevalence of Radiological Vertebral Fractures in Women on Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone-Suppressive Therapy for Thyroid Carcinoma.j Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Mar 1;103(3):956-964. doi: 10.1210/jc.2017-01986.
- Mazziotti G, Formenti AM, Panarotto MB, Arvat E, Chiti A, Cuocolo A, Dottorini ME, Durante C, Agate L, Filetti S, Felicetti F, Filice A, Pace L, Pellegrino T, Rodari M, Salvatori M, Tranfaglia C, Versari A, Viola D, Frara S, Berruti A, Giustina A, Giubbini R. Real-life management and outcome of thyroid carcinoma-related bone metastases: results from a nationwide multicenter experience. Endocrine. 2018 Jan;59(1):90-101. doi: 10.1007/s12020-017-1455-6. Epub 2017 Nov 6. PubMed PMID: 29110129.
- Mazziotti G, Bianchi A, Porcelli T, Mormando M, Maffezzoni F, Cristiano A, Giampietro A, De Marinis L, Giustina A. Vertebral fractures in patients with acromegaly: a 3-year prospective study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Aug;98(8):3402-10. doi: 10.1210/jc.2013-1460.