On February 1st, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., at the Campus of Humanitas University, an educational meeting...
President Word Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
Past President, Italian Neurosurgical Society
Honorary professor University of Moskow, Burdenko Istitute , Moskow, Russia
Honorary professor University of Italian Hospital, Buenos Aires , Argentina
Education and Academic Background
- Graduated in Medicine University of Bologna, 1976, Cum Laude
- Full Training in Neurology, University of Bologna, 1980
- Full Training in Neurosurgery, University of Modena, 1985
- Experience of work abroad: Sweden (Stockholm), UK (Sheffield , Edinburgh)
- Staff Neurosurgeon at Bellaria Hospital Bologna (1985-1990), Director of Neurotrauma and Emergency Dept. Bufalini Hospital Cesena (1990-2007), Director of Neurosurgery-Neurotraumatology, University Hospitals of Parma and Reggio Emilia, Italy (2007-2016)
- Teaching professor of Neurosurgery University of Catania, Padua, Ancona and Parma
- Tutor for training in Neurosurgery and doctorat (specialization) thesis for trainees coming from the Universities of Catania, Padua, Ancona , Turin, Firenze and medical students from the University of Parma
Scientific and Research Interests
Pharmacological Intervention in Traumatic Brain Injury, Phase II and III : HITEAC study , 1992-94, Selfhotel Study, 1994-1996 , HITIV Study, 1998-1999, Pharmos study, 2003-2004, Novoseven Study, 2006-2008
Decompressive Craniectomies: Rescue ICP study , published 2016
Rescue ASD study, member of the Steering Committee, Clinical Use of Carbon Fibers in Neurosurgery , Multicenter Italian Study on Brain Contusions, NIMBUS study on Brain Protection, WFNS study on the use of surgery in TBI in low income countries in Collaboration with the University of Cambridge
- N Engl J Med. 2016 Sep 22;375(12):1119-30. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1605215. Epub 2016 Sep 7. – Trial of Decompressive Craniectomy for Traumatic Intracranial Hypertension. Hutchinson PJ(1), Kolias AG(1), Timofeev IS(1), Corteen EA(1), Czosnyka M(1), Timothy J(1), Anderson I(1), Bulters DO(1), Belli A(1), Eynon CA(1), Wadley J(1), Mendelow AD(1), Mitchell PM(1), Wilson MH(1), Critchley G(1), Sahuquillo J(1), Unterberg A(1), Servadei F(1), Teasdale GM(1), Pickard JD(1), Menon DK(1), Murray GD(1), Kirkpatrick PJ(1); RESCUEicp Trial Collaborators.
- J Neurosurg. 2014 Apr;120(4):908-18. doi: 10.3171/2013.12.JNS131090. Epub 2014 Feb 7. – Patients with brain contusions: predictors of outcome and relationship between radiological and clinical evolution. Iaccarino C(1), Schiavi P, Picetti E, Goldoni M, Cerasti D, Caspani M, Servadei F.
- Crit Care. 2013 Mar 21;17(2):R53. doi: 10.1186/cc12575. – Antiplatelet therapy and the outcome of subjects with intracranial injury: the Italian SIMEU study. Fabbri A, Servadei F, Marchesini G, Bronzoni C, Montesi D, Arietta
- N Engl J Med. 2011 Apr 21;364(16):1558-9. doi: 10.1056/NEJMe1102998. Epub 2011 Mar 25. – Clinical value of decompressive craniectomy. Servadei F.
- 2006 Feb 18;367(9510):548-9. Coma scales. Servadei F(1).
Academic honors, awards and prizes
- Dr AD Sehgal Award , Indian Neurosurgical Society , New Dehli, 2017
- John Douglas Miller Award , American Association of Neurological Surgeons , Los Angeles, 2016
- Dr Ramani Award, Indian Neurotrauma Society, Laudiana, 2008