At the Humanitas Centre for Knee Joint Reconstruction, the first personalized, 3D implantation of a total knee...
Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy
Director of the post graduate school in Diagnostic Imaging.
Director of the Nuclear Medicine Department, Humanitas Research Hospital.
Education and Academic Background
• Holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery at the Università degli Studi di Milano in 1989, and a specialization degree in Nuclear Medicine from the same university in 1993. In the same year he started working as associated chief at the Nuclear Medicine Department of the national Cancer Center in Milan. In June 2000 he was called to lead the Nuclear Medicine department in Humanitas.
President of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine, member of the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements (ICRU), expert consultant for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Member of the Technical and Scientific Committee of the National Centre for Oncologic Adrotherapy (CNAO).
Scientific and Research Interests
Diagnostic imaging in oncology.
- Weller A, Papoutsaki MV, Waterton JC, Chiti A, Stroobants S, Kuijer J, Blackledge M, Morgan V, deSouza NM. – Diffusion-weighted (DW) MRI in lung cancers: ADC test-retest repeatability. Eur Radiol. 2017 Apr 10. doi:10.1007/s00330-017-4828-6. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28396997.
- Kirienko M, Gallivanone F, Sollini M, Veronesi G, Voulaz E, Antunovic L, Leonardi L, Testanera G, Castiglioni I, Chiti A. – FDG PET/CT as theranostic imaging in diagnosis of non-small cell lung cancer. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2017 Jun 1;22:1713-1723. PubMed PMID: 28410141.
- Fanti S, Minozzi S, Morigi JJ, Giesel F, Ceci F, Uprimny C, Hofman MS, Eiber M, Schwarzenbock S, Castellucci P, Bellisario C, Chauvie S, Bergesio F, Emmett L, Haberkorn U, Virgolini I, Schwaiger M, Hicks RJ, Krause BJ, Chiti A. – Development of standardized image interpretation for 68Ga-PSMA PET/CT to detect prostate cancer recurrent lesions. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017 May 23. doi:
10.1007/s00259-017-3725-1. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28536833.
- Antunovic L, Gallivanone F, Sollini M, Sagona A, Invento A, Manfrinato G, Kirienko M, Tinterri C, Chiti A, Castiglioni I. – [(18)F]FDG PET/CT features for the molecular characterization of primary breast tumors. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017 Jul 15. doi: 10.1007/s00259-017-3770-9. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28711994.
- Bozkurt MF, Virgolini I, Balogova S, Beheshti M, Rubello D, Decristoforo C, Ambrosini V, Kjaer A, Delgado-Bolton R, Kunikowska J, Oyen WJG, Chiti A, Giammarile F, Fanti S. – Guideline for PET/CT imaging of neuroendocrine neoplasms with (68)Ga-DOTA-conjugated somatostatin receptor targeting peptides and (18)F-DOPA. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017 Aug;44(9):1588-1601. doi:
10.1007/s00259-017-3728-y. Epub 2017 May 25. PubMed PMID: 28547177.