The quantity of data that is currently produced in everyday life and practically in every sector, is...
Director of Digestive Endoscopy Unit at Humanitas Research Hospital
Expert Member of the National Institute of Health of the Italian Government
Official Reviewer for medical projects supported by the European Community
Founder of webendoscopy.com
Organizer of one of the largest European Live Endoscopy Courses: IMAGE
Education and Academic Background
Having obtained a degree in Medicine and Surgery at University of Messina in 1990, he wins a scholarship the following year at the Department of Gastroenterology of Molinette Hospital in Turin, where he begins his practice in digestive endoscopy: in 1992 as fellow at Centre Chirurgical de l’Alma in Paris and at Ospedale Molinette in Turin, in 1993 a specialist in Gastroenterology at the University of Messina. He obtains a scholarship in 1998 for Chirurgische Endoskopie at Universitatskliniken in Tubigen and in 1999 he is fellow in Therapeutic Endoscopy at Wellseley Hospital in Toronto, Canada.
From 1997 to 2005, he is professor of Gastroenterology at School of Oncology, University of Turin. Since 2005 he is Director of Digestive Endoscopy Unit at Humanitas Research Hospital, one of the largest endoscopy unit in Italy with around 15,000 endoscopic procedures perfomed every year. Important is his experience in ERCP, diagnostic EUS, ESD, EMR, stenting, advanced polyp resection, haemostasis for bleeding in the upper and lower GI tract.
Since 2015 he is Professor of Gastroenterology at Humanitas University Medical School. In 2016 he is visiting professor at Georgetown University in Washington, US. In 2017, he is visiting professor at Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, US.
Prof. Repici has been member of several national and international scientific societies of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy: Italian Society of Digestive Endoscopy (2005-2009 website director, 2012 chairman of the Strategic and Innovation Team), Italian Federation of Digestive Disease (2009-2013).
He is now Member of the Publication Committee of the World Gastroenterology Association, of the Editorial Board of “Digestive and Liver Diseases”, “Frontiers of Oncology” and “Techniques of Coloproctology”, and Associate Editor of “Gastrointestinal Endoscopy”. Official Reviewer for medical projects supported by the European Community, he is also founder of webendoscopy.com and organizer of one of the largest European Live Endoscopy Courses, IMAGE.
Scientific and Research Interests
Prof. Repici is coordinator, principal investigator and co-investigator in more than 50 studies, including phase II and phase III studies for FDA and EMA approval of new molecules and new devices for diagnostica and operative endoscopy.
The clinical and research activity of prof. Repici are directed mainly for the development of new endoscopic techniques in the diagnostic and therapeutic field, with particular attention to new methods of endoscopic excision of early tumor lesions and to palliation of gastrointestinal advanced malignancies. Important to mention is his collaboration in numerous projects in the field of endoscopy with different italian and international centers.
- Standard needle versus needleless injection modality: animal study on different fluids for submucosal elevation, Repici A, Maselli R, Carrara S, Anderloni A, Enderle M, Hassan C., Gastrointest Endosc. 2017 Feb 1.
- Complex early Barrett’s neoplasia at 3 Western centers: European Barrett’s Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection Trial (E-BEST), Subramaniam S, Chedgy F, Longcroft Wheaton G, Kandiah K, Maselli R, Seewald S, Repici A, Bhandari P., Gastrointest Endosc. 2017 Jan 31.
- Successful endoscopic closure of iatrogenic duodenal perforation with the new Padlock Clip, Anderloni A, Bianchetti M, Mangiavillano B, Fugazza A, Di Leo M, Carrara S, Repici A, Endoscopy. 2017 Feb;49(S 01):E58-E59.
- Endoscopic management of Barrett’s esophagus: European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) Position Statement, Weusten B, Bisschops R, Coron E, Dinis-Ribeiro M, Dumonceau JM, Esteban JM, Hassan C, Pech O, Repici A, Bergman J, di Pietro M., Endoscopy. 2017 Feb;49(2):191-198.
- Brachytherapy for the palliation of dysphagia owing to esophageal cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies, Fuccio L, Mandolesi D, Farioli A, Hassan C, Frazzoni L, Guido A, de Bortoli N, Cilla S, Pierantoni C, Violante FS, Bazzoli F, Repici A, Morganti AG., Radiother Oncol. 2017 Jan 16. pii: S0167-8140(17)30003-8.