Full ProfessorThoracic Surgery
- Born in Milan on 17/01/1952, he obtained his Master’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery cum laude in 1976. In 1981, he specialized in General Surgery, then Medical Oncology in 1984, and finally in thoraco-pulmonary surgery in 1987.
- In 1977, he was awarded an annual scholarship at the Department of Oncology of the National Cancer Institute of Milan, and since 1980 he has worked in the Diagnostic, Surgical, Cervical-Facial, and Thoracic Oncology Divisions of the National Institute of Tumors in Milan.
- Since 1993, he has been a full-time Assistant at the Department of Thoracic Surgery at the National Cancer Institute in Milan. Since 1997, he has been consultant in the Unit for Thoracic Surgery of the Humanitas Clinical Institute in Rozzano (MI).
- In 1998, he was appointed as the head of the Mini-Invasive Thoracic Surgery Unit within the Unit of Thoracic and General Surgery at the Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano (MI).
- In 2006, he became chief of Unit of Thoracic and General Surgery, Minimally Invasive Thoracic surgery and of the Section and Department of Senology (from 2010) of Humanitas Clinical Institute.
- Since 2011, he is the coordinator of specialist surgeons of the Humanitas Cancer Center.
- Since 2014 he has been president of Milan’s LILT section.
- Since 2016 he has been a member of the Technical-Scientific Committee of the Umberto Veronesi Foundation.