Full Professor n.t.Cardiology
- Primary-Secondary School Gallarate, Italy
- University of Milan School of Medicine Milan, Italy (1968-75)
- University of Parma Postgraduate School in Cardiovascular Medicine. Parma, Italy, (1975-78)
- Residency in Cardiology Ospedale Maggiore Niguarda, De Gasperis Center (Director Prof. F. Rovelli), Milan, Italy (1975-78)
- Internship in Internal Medicine (1978-79) at Cabrini Medical Center, New York, Medical College, N.Y.
- Residency in Internal Medicine (1979-80) at Cabrini Medical Center, New York, Medical College, N.Y.
- Chief Residency in Internal Medicine (1980-82) at Cabrini Medical Center, New York, Medical College, N.Y.
- Fellow in Cardiology Veterans Administration Medical Center, Long Beach, University of California Irvine CA. (1982-84)
- Fellow in Invasive Cardiology Monseigneur Toomey Cardiovascular Laboratory and Research Department (Director Dr. G. Gensini). St. Joseph Hospital, State University of New York, Syracuse, N.Y. (1984-85)
- Instructor in Medicine, New York Medical College (1981-82)
- Assistant Professor of Medicine University of California, Irvine (1982-1988)
- Visiting Professor Cleveland Clinic Foundation (1995)
- Professor of Clinical Medicine New York University, New York (1996 – Sept. 2004)
- Visiting Professor, University of Belgrade, School of Medicine, Belgrade, Yu (2003)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Hospital, New York (Sept. 2004 – present)
- Professor of Cardiology, Università Vita-Salute, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy (October 2015-2018)
- Director Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Columbus Hospital Milan, Italy (1986-present)
- Attending Cardiologist, Stamford Medical Hospital, Stamford, CT (Nov. 2013-present)
- Attending Cardiologist, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY (2015-present)
Academic honors, awards and prices
- Summa Cum Laude at M.D. Graduation
- Best Teaching Resident Cabrini Medical Center, N.Y., N.Y. (1981)
- Best Clinical Researcher for 1994, Thoraxcenter Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- X TCT Career Award, Washington D.C, October 7-11, 1998.
- Elite Reviewer 2005 of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- Ethica Winner 2010, EuroPCR, Paris, May 26-29, 2010
- Andreas Gruentzig Lecture on Interventional Cradiology, European Society of Cardiology, August 29, 2010
- Elite Reviewer 2012 of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- Legends of CV Medicine, American College of Cardiology, Chicago, March 2012
- Master of the Masters 2013, TCTAP Award 2013, Seoul, Korea, April 23-26, 2013
- Chien Foundation Award for Outstanding Lectureship & Lifetime Achievement in PCI, CIT 2014 in partenership with TCT, Shanghai, China, March 20-23, 2014