To all prospective EU students! Applications for our 2017 EU Medical Admissions Test are now open. The 2017 Medical...
Application for the Medical Admissions Test
Admittance to the Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery is subject to selection through the University’s Admissions Test.
130 places totally available: 80 places for European students and 50 places for non European students.
Therefore, two separate Admissions Tests are foreseen for European students and non European students.
Admissions Requirements – Eligibility
You qualify as a non-European student if:
- you have a non-EU citizenship AND
- have NO additional Italian citizenship AND
- you do not live in Italy.
You qualify as a European student if you:
- have a EU citizenship*** or a citizenship of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Republic of San Marino OR
- have an Italian citizenship together with a citizenship of a non-EU country OR
- live in Italy from at least one year (even if you hold a non-EU citizenship) OR
- hold a diploma from Italian schools abroad or foreign or international schools listed here (even if you hold a non-EU citizenship).
***Students with UK passport still qualify as EU students and thus can apply for the EU medical admissions test.
More details can be found in the relevant Call for Applications.
Admissions Requirements – Education Requirements
In order to apply for the medical admissions test, candidates must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- being enrolled in the last year of a secondary school to obtain a secondary school certificate in the current school year;
- already being in possession of a secondary school certificate.
A Diploma is considered valid if obtained after at least 12 years of education, accompanied by the Declaration of Value issued by the Italian diplomatic authorities. The Declaration of Value will not be requested at the time of the application for the admissions test; it will be requested for the finalization of the enrollment procedure.
In the event that the local school system provides for 11 or 10 years of schooling, the title is valid when integrated with 1 or 2 years of university, having passed all the required exams for those academic years.
For the validation of foreign qualifications Humanitas University will follow Ministry guidelines (nota of March 24 2014, prot. n. 7802) available at this link.
Students who will receive their diplomas after the admissions test can apply for the test, but successful enrollment is conditional to the fulfillment of the above admissions requirements.
For candidates holding UK, US and Greek high school diplomas
UK: Students who hold (or will get) a high school diploma from UK institutions are eligible if they have achieved (or will achieve) at least 3 A-levels in Medicine and Science related subjects.
USA: Students who hold (or will get) a high school diploma from US institutions are eligible if they respect any of the following conditions (or will respect by time of enrollment):
- completion of at least 3 APs (Advanced Placements) in Medicine and Science related subjects OR
- completion of two years of college education OR
- completion of one year of college education and 4 APs (as above).
Greece: Students who achieve an “Apolityrion” score higher than 10 out of 20 are eligible.
For candidates holding International Baccalaureate diplomas
Students who hold (or will get) the International Baccalaureate diploma are eligible to apply for the admissions test if the IB is obtained after 12 years of education. IBs obtained after 11 years of schooling have to be integrated with 1 year of university.
Please note that you will not need to ask for the Declaration of Value if you studied in one of these schools or in Italy.
Moreover, those who decided to attend the Italian track are considered as EU students, regardless of their citizenship, and thus must apply for the Admissions Test for EU citizens.
For candidates holding other international diplomas
Minimum entry requirements will be listed in the Call for Applications.