Saturday, May 19th, Humanitas University will be a Guest Concert Hall of Piano City Milano 2018, 7th...
Humanitas University’s advanced postgraduate course in clinical epidemiology is intended for physicians and researchers in clinical and preclinical areas who wish to learn more about how to plan, carry out and analyse epidemiological investigations.
Humanitas University’s advanced postgraduate course in “Epidemiology For Clinical Research” aims to promote the application of quantitative methods for translational medicine to the study of clinically relevant research questions. Improving patient care is the heart of the training.
The course is intended for physicians and researchers in clinical and preclinical areas who wish to learn more about how to plan, carry out and analyse epidemiological investigations.
Professor Elio Riboli, coordinator of the course, is assisted by a prestigious international faculty.
- Duration: one year
- Frequency: 5 weeks over the course of one year, from November to October
- Credits (CFU): 35
- Language: English
- Places available: 15, assigned as per a qualifications-based ranking
- Cost: € 6,000, payable in 2 installments of € 3,000. For professionals of the Humanitas Group, the entire cost will be covered by the company.
- Admissions: now closed; read more about the admission process.
The course is structured in 5 modules, covering the following topics:
- Introduction to epidemiological and biostatistical methods;
- Observational studies in clinical epidemiology;
- Intervention trials and survival analysis;
- Diagnostic and prognostic studies;
- Advanced topics in clinical research.
See details of each module in the Course description.
The course will include the following teaching methods:
- computer practicals using Stata statistical package;
- interactive lessons;
- audio-visual media, case studies and examples from the literature;
- development of a project under the supervision of a tutor;
Read more about the international faculty.
This advanced postgraduate course is intended for medical professionals, with priority given to those working at IRCCS Humanitas and the other hospitals of the Humanitas Group.
Applicants must have a master’s degree / medical specialty certificate or foreign qualification equivalent in
- Medical, veterinary or pharmaceutical biotechnology;
- Pharmacy and industrial pharmacy;
- Medicine and Surgery.
Preference is given to those applicants holding a medical specialty certificate and/or a Ph.D. or equivalent.
There are 15 places available. Want to know more about the applications opening?
Admission is based on qualifications and possible interview, according to which applicants are ranked.
The Commission takes into consideration the applicants’ CV, professional experience and proven aptitude for clinical and translational research. Priority is given to those working at IRCCS Humanitas and/ or any facility connected to it.
University? An Established Institution
An Established Institution
Humanitas is a renowned healthcare institution that has offered Medical Degrees for well over a decade as a partner of the University of Milan.
An International Career
Join our international medical community where classes are taught in English by experienced professors and medical doctors from around the world. Your degree will allow you to work as a MD in the EU and abroad.
Direct clinical experience is supported by a solid tutoring system and starts in your third year, which gives you considerable practical experience.
Innovative and Active Teaching
Humanitas curriculum is enhanced by a wide variety of active learning methods based on a student-centred approach (Problem-Based Learning, Case method, Concept maps, Simulated patients).
Milano and Italy
Enjoy the style, culture, gastronomy and entertainment of one of Europe's most exciting cities. Venture further to experience the delights of Italy or use the opportunity to learn Italian.
Advanced Research and Technology
Humanitas can count on state-of-the-art technologies and research experience. A new simulation centre of 1000 sm, designed according to the highest technological standards, will be ready for autumn 2017.