University advanced programme in Laser Dentistry
The University advanced programme in Laser Dentistry is a one-year course of study and examination in the use of lasers in Dentistry.
The course is composed of three modules of three-day meetings and a final four-day meeting, and by e-learning sections between the meetings. The course focuses on theoretical and applied clinical knowledge of laser use in all aspects of dental surgery and medicine. Additional aspects will focus on the practical use of lasers and the compilation of clinical case presentations.
Course participants will are expected to reach a level of competence that is consistent with an experienced laser user.
Scientific Board: prof. Roly Kornblit, prof. Giuseppe Spriano, prof. Roberto Weinstein
- Elisabetta D’Emilio
- Gennaro Falivene
- Carlo Fornaini
- Massimo Frosecchi
- Silvia Giannasi
- Ivo Krejci
- Elisabetta Merigo
- Jason Motta Jones
- Georgj Tomov
- Alessandra Veronesi
Beginning of lessons
|3 days per month, starting in September 2020|
|4 e-learning modules including lectures, activities on passions in streaming, hands-on activities on animal models.|
|2, assigned as per a qualifications-based ranking|
|€ 5.000 (course only) / payable in 2 installments|
|from January 21st 2020 to June 15th 2020.|
The course is composed by four modules which include: lectures, workshops, hands-on activities and watching live treatments on patients in streaming.
- Basic concepts of Laser Physics.
- Laser interaction with oral hard tissues.
- Laser wavelengths in use in dentistry and an overview of their application.
- Laser safety.
- Low-level laser energy use in dentistry.
- The use of laser in endodontic treatment.
- The Erbium laser and the application on dental hard tissues: enamel, dentine, cementum, dental caries.
- Clinical case design.
- Hands on: Erbium laser on extracted teeth.
- Laser interaction with oral soft tissues.
- Laser use in oral soft tissue management.
- The different wavelengths of Diode laser and the use in dentistry.
- Laser use in periodontology and implantology.
- Soft tissue surgery.
- The use of laser in Paediatric dentistry.
- Laser optimal parameters relative to absorption phenomena.
- Presentation of clinical cases.
- Hands on: different laser wavelengths on animal modules
- Laser use in oral alveolar bone management.
- Laser alveolar bone surgery.
- The use of laser in implant surgery.
- Laser use in endodontics surgery– orthograde and retrograde applications.
- Preparation modality of a scientific poster.
- Laser communication and marketing.
- Live section (on patients): laser use for oral treatments.
- The improvement of the smile by the of laser on oral and perioral tissues.
- The perioral tissues: lips and skin.
- The aesthetic face concepts and parameters.
- Laser use in perioral tissues management.
- Laser in combination with fillers, PRP and Botox.
- Laser assisted aesthetic dentistry: composite reconstruction and bleaching.
- Live section (on patients): laser use for perioral treatments.
- Final multiple-choice examination.
- Two clinical presentation by each participant.
Applicants may submit an application for participation in the selection procedure if they meet the following requirements:
- degree in Medicine and Surgery or Dentistry (or an equivalent qualification awarded by a foreign university);
- specialty in Odontostomatology or in Maxillofacial Surgery (or an equivalent qualification awarded by a foreign university).
There are 20 places available, admission is based on qualifications.
The Commission takes into consideration the applicants’ CV and professional experience. For further information please read the Call for Applicant
|For further information|
|Call 02 8224 5609 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply
The application procedure is described below.
1. Registration on MyPORTAL
During the registration phase you will be asked to insert your personal data and at the end you will receive a confirmation email with your username and password to access the system and go on to the following phases of the admission process.
2. Application for the Master in Bowel Ultrasound
In order to candidate, access your reserved area on MyPortal (click here to login ) using the username and password received via mail in the registration phase. Select Registrar’s Office from the menu on your left and click on Admissions test.
To complete the application, attach the documents listed below (each file must be a PDF not exceeding 2 MB):
- Application form (Attachment 1) completed, dated and signed;
- Curriculum Vitae et Studiorum complete with clinical experience in Bowel Ultrasound;
- Copy of a valid document of identification.
The declarations made in the Application form (click here) have the same legal value as certifications as per the D.P.R. 445/2000. Information entered can be modified until the moment of submission of the application.
On submission of the application, the system will automatically generate an email that confirms receipt of the application and that requests payment by credit card of the application fee of € 50 (including duty stamp).
The application is considered completed only on payment of the application fee. This fee is non-refundable and must be paid within the application deadline.
Receipt of payment can be confirmed by accessing the reserved area with username and password.