HU Foundation Program is designed to provide students that wish to study Medicine in Italy.
Aim of the Foundation Program
HU Foundation Program is designed to provide students that wish to study Medicine in Italy with a course that:
- strengthens knowledge on the subjects of the admission tests of Italian medical schools
- facilitates attendance to the first year of medical school by covering some modules of the initial courses of the medical curriculum
- improves English for Academic Purposes (EAP) skills
- improves study skills required for studying in the Italian academic system
|When & where
From November 11th 2019 to April 30th 2020, Milan, Humanitas University Campus
|Admissions are closed
from September 1st to October 15th, 2019
- International students, especially non European, that want to prepare for the Italian Medical School System
- EU and International Students that did not pass the admission tests and wish to retake it, spending the intervening year focusing on their preparation gaps and improving their chances to be a successful first year medical student
- EU and International Students that based on their previous high school preparation do not feel ready for the admission tests
- EU and International Students that have stopped studying for a length of time
- EU and International Students that specifically wish to enter Humanitas Medical school and reduce their study and exam load for the first and second year through recognition of the credits acquired in the Foundation Program
Academic Modules/Subjects covered
Students will be supported in developing their academic skills by way of:
- Seminars on learning styles and strategies, taking notes, preparing for lectures, time management, practicing oral exams
- Study groups tutored by medical students
- Counselling service
Students will be given the opportunity to have some early clinical exposure through laboratories in the simulation center dealing with basic communication and clinical skills.
For international students:
- Seminars on life and culture in Italy
- Italian course
Planning & Teaching format
Classes take place from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- You will attend classes for 25 to 30 hours per week. Teaching activities include lectures, tutorials, formative tests, collaborative learning
- Attending teaching activities is mandatory for at least 80% of each module
Besides your scheduled activities you are expected to study independently for further 20 hours each week.
As a fully matriculated student, you will have access to the University’s libraries and study areas.
The program is organized into two periods and two exam session:
- period I: from November 11th to February 10th, 2020
1st Exam Session (from February 10th to February 28th )
- period II: from March 2nd up to the end of April 2020;
2nd Exam Session (from second half of May until second half of June)
Most of the exam will be under written form (Multiple Choice, Open Questions, Exercises, CMAPS etc..)
However, as many Italian medical schools also include oral exams in their evaluation system, for some modules oral sessions will be proposed to students as a practice tool to reduce anxiety and learn how to organize knowledge for oral communication.
The course includes a total of 8 exams.
Exam sessions: two sessions will be available for each exam.
- For the modules completed in period I (Mathematics, Logic, Physics and Chemistry):
the first available exam session will be from February 10th to February 28th
the second available session for these modules will be in the second half of May
- For the modules completed in period II ( Biology and Genetics, Biochemistry, Histology, Psychology, and Medical English):
the first available session will be during the second half of May
the second available session will be during the second half of June
- An additional exam session will be available during the month of September for students that have failed the first two sessions.
To obtain the final qualification from the program, it is necessary that students meet the following requirements:
- At least 80% of attendances for each module
- Positive assessment for each module
10 of the 50 places available for the NON EU students in the Medicine and Surgery Degree Course will be reserved to international students participating in the Foundation Program.
Following the call issued by Humanitas University, the reserved places will be assigned on the basis the number of CFU and grades acquired within the Foundation Program.
How to Apply
The application can be done exclusively through MyPortal following the 3-step online procedure described below.
1. Registration on MyPORTAL
During the registration phase, you will be asked to insert your personal data and at the end you will receive a confirmation email with your username and password to access the system and go on to the following phases of the admission process.
In order to take the admission test, you must complete the application procedure by accessing your reserved area on MyPortal click here to login using the username and password received via mail in the registration phase. Select Student Office from the menu on your left and click on Admissions test.
The test application is finalized only after the payment of the test fee of euro 50, that can be performed by credit card, MAV or bank transfer.
The payment has been completed:
- by credit card within September 1st and October 15th
The test fee shall in no case be reimbursed. Please note that the payment of the Admissions Test fee alone does not mean application has been completed.
6.000 € to be paid in two instalments:
- First instalment to be paid when registering
- Second instalment to be paid within January 15th
- 1 scholarship of 10.000 € is available for the student achieving the overall best grades among EU students
- 1 scholarship of 10.000 € is available for the student achieving the overall best grades among NO EU students
Scholarships are available for students completing the Foundation Program and admitted to Humanitas University Medical School
Foundation Program and credit recognition
Students passing successfully the exams of the Foundation Program and entering Humanitas University Medical School will have the following credits recognized
Boarding and Lodging
A student house of 240 places is present at HU Campus. Single and double rooms are available.
If you are interested, please contact: email@example.com
For information about the program:
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Italian course will be organized for international students twice a week.