Master’s Degree “Laser Surgery in Urology”
The Master’s Degree “Laser Surgery in Urology” (level II) of Humanitas University aim at providing urologists with the skills necessary for a complete, up-to-date clinical approach to patients with urologic diseases. These skills include all of the therapeutic options that may be required, as well as radiofrequency and laser therapy.
The Director of the Master is Professor Giorgio Ferruccio Guazzoni.
- Duration: 1 year
- Frequenza: 8 weeks over the course of one academic year (compulsory)
- Credits (CFU/ECTS): 60
- Language: Italian (2016 edition); English starting from 2017
- Places available: 8, through public selection process (comparative evaluation of the applicants’ titles and qualifications)
- Fee: € 6.000
For full information on the admission process visit the Italian page.
Objectives and professional opportunities
With the Master’s Degree in Urology you will be able to work in the field of urology, and specifically, you will be able to perform laser treatment of various endourologic diseases.
For further information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course will deal with the following topics:
- general organisation: principles of physics, function and management of equipment;
- laser treatment of penile disorders;
- treatment of BPH using main types of lasers on the market;
- treatment of urinary lithiasis;
- treatment of superficial tumors of the bladder and the upper urinary tract;
- laser treatment of urethral and ureteral disorders.
During the Master programme the following teaching methods will be adopted:
- audiovisual media;
- interactive lessons;
- practical training (operating room, endoscopy unit, etc.);
- final exam.
Students will observe procedures in the operating room related to topics discussed and will actively participate in the activities of the urology unit, the diagnostic imaging unit, ultrasound, and the endoscopy unit.
Students will receive extensive practical training through Dry Labs and simulators.